Delivered new in 1942 to McAlpines Wiltshire, with a Dorman 2DWD engine, this loco passed through various owners and sites mainly in Northamptonshire, before ending its working life at Charlecote Works.
It was by now owner by Pioneer Aggregates Ltd, who had it extensively modified in 1976 by Simplex. The main modifications being an air cooled Deutz engine, electric starter and a new cab.
|Weight -||2.5 Tons|
The NG railway at Charlecote became redundant and the loco went on display. It was noticed by the North Warwickshire Railway Society. Subsequent negotiations, saw the loco placed on permanent loan to the NWRS on the 11th May 1984.
It hauled passenger trains on the societies track at a park in Nuneaton. When the local council gave them their marching orders, the loan was assigned to the GVLR.
This loco is operational, and occasionally hauls demonstration freight trains.