Built in 1943 for the Ministry of Supply. This loco finished its working life at Berry Hill Park, Mansfield, as part of the NCB built railway which was used for the annual Miners Gala and ran one day a year.
When the annual miners galas ceased, the whole railway was kindly donated to the GVLR. Over a number of weekends, "Berry Hill" and the 2 manriders it hauled, plus the oval of track on which it ran and the "tunnel" through which they passed, were moved to the GVLR's Swanwick base.
|Power -||20hp at 1200rpm|
|Weight -||c2.5 tons|
Since acquisition, this locomotive has received major mechanical attention, including a rebuild of the reversing gearbox with new bevel gears, and replacement big end shells.